- Open Office Hours is an open time in a live classroom where homework help is available.
- Times are not guaranteed. Open Office Hours is only available when we have volunteers.
- There may be other students in there at the same time you are. The volunteer will help as many students as possible, but you may need to wait your turn or take turns getting help if there are other students waiting.
- This is meant for occasional homework help vs. full instruction in a course. There is limited time available and other students needing help as well.
- Enroll in this course for a schedule of times available.
- Times will vary week by week.
- Volunteers will post their available times in a Google spreadsheet that will be able to be viewed by students.
- Not all volunteers will be able to help in all subjects.
- Volunteers will post the subjects they are comfortable helping in on the Google spreadsheet.
- Please do not expect Physics help from a volunteer that noted they were there for writing help ;)
- BOTH accounts must be enrolled. (You must have a separate Parent account to take this course.)
- In order to get enrollment keys, enroll and complete the course below. After completing the course, enrollment keys will be available.
- Use the AYOP course keys to enroll in this course.
Cali Odom is going to be coordinating a VHSG Parent Roundtable group where we can come together and share our collective knowledge and experiences with each other.
This is an informal meeting space within a supportive environment to ask homeschooling questions, share our vast knowledge, and learn from guest speakers. There will not necessarily be a set schedule of topics or guarantee that all topics will be covered this year depending on how long each topic takes. Which topics are covered will be determined by people stepping up with knowledge to lead them. Cali is able to coordinate, but needs others to lead discussion where she is not as familiar.
Hopefully we can all share knowledge and each learn something new together!
NOTE: This is for PARENTS AND GUARDIANS of homeschoolers. It is NOT a group for students to attend.
Topics will be determined once the group meets, but here are some possible ideas for discussion.
- So you have a junior/senior in high school. Now what?
- ACT/SAT Prep
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
- Transcript Information
- Student Resume/CV Information
- High School Athlete NCAA Information
- Career and Trade School Options
- Dual Enrollment
- Homeschooling Laws/HSLDA
- College Admissions/Advisors
- Best Ideas for College Dorms
- New to Homeschooling
- Learning Styles
HOW TO ENROLL
To enroll in this course, you must have a separate PARENT account that is not a shared account with your children. If you currently share an account with your child, please set up a separate one and message email@example.com to help you get the enrollments separated.
Here is information on setting up a parent account: Setting up accounts
After setting up your parent account, use the enrollment key to enroll.
Enrollment Key: Roundtable2#